The Best Methods to Get Defined Abs-What You Have Been Doing Wrong


When it comes to getting those ripped, defined abs we are all looking for,  many people are just going about it all the wrong way.

One of many reasons behind this is this prevalent idea that you can lose fat through targeted exercise, and when looking to work on our abs crunches inevitably come up in conversation.

Are crunches a good exercise to develop your ab muscles? Yes they can be, however when considering how defined our midsection is, more often than not the major issue is too much fat and not lack of muscle.

You can’t spot remove fat no matter how hard you try, so doing those crunches aren’t going to burn away just midsection fat, it will burn fat evenly across your body.

Not only can that bum you out but you have to consider that doing more crunches will build up more muscle underneath all of that fat, potentially making your stomach bulge out even further. All and all, crunches aren’t the way to go when trying to get a defined midsection, so what should you do?

What Are the Best Ways to Get a Defined Midsection?

The first thing you need to realize is that with any exercise program or goal, to get there you are going to have to put in a lot of hard work. This means first and foremost getting rid of all of those junk pieces of gimmicky equipment that are just not worth your time.

Afterwards, here are some actual proven methods that can help you get that midsection you always wanted.

Reduce Your Consumption of Junk Food

One of the biggest reasons why people are so overweight in the first place is because of a poor diet. The average western diet consists of nutrient poor foods except when it comes to calories, leaving us bloated and fat while at the same time not feeling full. This leaves us coming back for more in a continued cycle of binge eating.

One of the best things we can do here is to reduce our consumption of these junk foods like cookies, cakes, ice cream and other high caloric foods.  These foods not only encourage weight gain, but also can cause problems like diabetes because of how they affect our blood glucose levels after consumption.

To have the best chance of success here, don’t cut out junk food altogether as that probably won’t work. Try to stick to the 80/20 rule, as in 80% of the food you eat should be healthy nutritious food, and the other 20% being junk food or whatever else you choose to eat. This should increase your chances of sticking with it.

Use the Proper Training Program

The key to burning fat is to increase our resting metabolism, because this is something that can do work for us all day and all night long. Spot training doesn’t work, and we only have a limited amount of time in the day to get our workouts in, so what is the best?

High intensity interval training programs(HIIT) are our best tools here, in that they allow us to get the most benefit in the shortest amount of time. This type of burst training exercise really works by burning those initial calories through exercise and then even more so throughout the rest of the day because of the improved metabolism as a result.

Use Supplements to Your Benefit

Another way to help boost the fat loss around your belly is through supplements. Belly fat can be some of the most stubborn fat to get rid of, and even some of the most polished fitness fanatics still have a little bit of baby fat that they just can’t get rid of.

A supplement like Flat Belly by Men’s Healthy Lifestyle provides the body with additional fat burning compounds, that are in a much higher concentration than what you could get from your diet. These natural herbal based supplements can help to further improve metabolism, and in turn get rid of that stubborn remaining belly fat.

The Takeaway

The main takeaway here is that you can’t spot remove belly fat, and that the best ways to do so are through diet, supplements and exercise which is going to burn more calories and improve metabolism.

Starving yourself through reduced calories, or trying to do targeted abdominal exercises to lose weight are effective ways to do so.

Make sure you are eating a healthy diet and are taking the proper supplements to best help you get lean, cut, defined abs.